I wanted to be there, I felt like I had to be there.
It’s no casualty if I decided to close my trip with a stage in Switzerland and right in these days. It was the city I left 5 weeks ago telling me to do that, it was Berlin calling , re-calling me with the magic of its music, played by a pied piper named Paul Kalkbrenner .
Slightly after I started my life in Berlin, the movie shot right there and starring him was released but despite I found the title interesting, I hadn’t the same interest in going to the cinema and matter of fact I didn’t. Four months and two sublets later, I woke up a morning with my flatmate John listening to a CD in the kitchen, and even though I’m generally not a fan of that genre I enjoyed what I was hearing. So I asked him who and what exactly we were listening to: the track was Marbles , the album title Self and the artist’s name Paul Kalkbrenner.
Together with Rock, electro music is what the Berliners enjoy the most, and Kalkbrenner’s sound was the bridge to make me go deeper into the city’s real mood.
Music is the vibe of a place and reveals more than what many may expect. Just by observing what the most of the people choose you can understand if a city lives fast, meditates, needs a rush, struggles, wants to have fun, is ruled by shallowness, etc. We choose something because we need that something, because we are that something.
Morphologically, Berlin has got a river named Spree; sociologically, a river named Electronic Music. I learned to love the both, but if to sail the first you have to be at a certain latitude and longitude, to float on the second you can also be somewhere else . You just have to be where Paul Kalkbrenner is. You can call him the 13th district of Berlin, the one I am still a citizen of.
----------------------------------------
Volevo esserci. Sentivo che dovevo esserci.
Non è un caso se ho scelto la Svizzera come mia ultima tappa e proprio questi giorni per arrivarci. It 'was the city that left five weeks ago to tell me to do was to call Berlin, to call me with his music, played by a pied piper named Paul Kalkbrenner .
Shortly after the beginning of my life on earth Teutonic, the film set in the capital and with him as a player landed in theaters, but although I found the title "Berlin Calling" ("Berlin calling") Interestingly I was also motivated in going to the cinema. In fact I did not go. Four apartments and two months later, I woke up one morning with my roommate John to listen to a CD in the kitchen and although I am not usually a fan of the genre, I was able to appreciate what I felt. Wondering what exactly came out of funds track the response was "Marbles" album "Self" and artist Paul Kalkbrenner.
Along with the Rock, the electronic music is what the people of Berlin and prefer the sound of the bridge Kalkbrenner was able to connect in a better way with the true state of mind of the city.
Music is the frequency on which a place is tuned, and is revealing much more than you think. Just looking at what the most you can choose whether he lives in a city fast, meditate, asking adrenaline, is struggling, he wants to have fun, is doomed to superficiality, etc.. You choose something because you need that little bit, because has that something.
Morphologically, Berlin has named a river Spree, sociologically a river called electronic music. I learned to love both, but if the first link on the geographical coordinates are vital to be transported from the second can also be from another part . You just have to be where Paul Kalkbrenner. Call the thirteenth district of Berlin, one of which is still a resident.
It’s no casualty if I decided to close my trip with a stage in Switzerland and right in these days. It was the city I left 5 weeks ago telling me to do that, it was Berlin calling , re-calling me with the magic of its music, played by a pied piper named Paul Kalkbrenner .
Slightly after I started my life in Berlin, the movie shot right there and starring him was released but despite I found the title interesting, I hadn’t the same interest in going to the cinema and matter of fact I didn’t. Four months and two sublets later, I woke up a morning with my flatmate John listening to a CD in the kitchen, and even though I’m generally not a fan of that genre I enjoyed what I was hearing. So I asked him who and what exactly we were listening to: the track was Marbles , the album title Self and the artist’s name Paul Kalkbrenner.
Together with Rock, electro music is what the Berliners enjoy the most, and Kalkbrenner’s sound was the bridge to make me go deeper into the city’s real mood.
Music is the vibe of a place and reveals more than what many may expect. Just by observing what the most of the people choose you can understand if a city lives fast, meditates, needs a rush, struggles, wants to have fun, is ruled by shallowness, etc. We choose something because we need that something, because we are that something.
Morphologically, Berlin has got a river named Spree; sociologically, a river named Electronic Music. I learned to love the both, but if to sail the first you have to be at a certain latitude and longitude, to float on the second you can also be somewhere else . You just have to be where Paul Kalkbrenner is. You can call him the 13th district of Berlin, the one I am still a citizen of.
----------------------------------------
Volevo esserci. Sentivo che dovevo esserci.
Non è un caso se ho scelto la Svizzera come mia ultima tappa e proprio questi giorni per arrivarci. It 'was the city that left five weeks ago to tell me to do was to call Berlin, to call me with his music, played by a pied piper named Paul Kalkbrenner .
Shortly after the beginning of my life on earth Teutonic, the film set in the capital and with him as a player landed in theaters, but although I found the title "Berlin Calling" ("Berlin calling") Interestingly I was also motivated in going to the cinema. In fact I did not go. Four apartments and two months later, I woke up one morning with my roommate John to listen to a CD in the kitchen and although I am not usually a fan of the genre, I was able to appreciate what I felt. Wondering what exactly came out of funds track the response was "Marbles" album "Self" and artist Paul Kalkbrenner.
Along with the Rock, the electronic music is what the people of Berlin and prefer the sound of the bridge Kalkbrenner was able to connect in a better way with the true state of mind of the city.
Music is the frequency on which a place is tuned, and is revealing much more than you think. Just looking at what the most you can choose whether he lives in a city fast, meditate, asking adrenaline, is struggling, he wants to have fun, is doomed to superficiality, etc.. You choose something because you need that little bit, because has that something.
Morphologically, Berlin has named a river Spree, sociologically a river called electronic music. I learned to love both, but if the first link on the geographical coordinates are vital to be transported from the second can also be from another part . You just have to be where Paul Kalkbrenner. Call the thirteenth district of Berlin, one of which is still a resident.
.
0 comments:
Post a Comment